VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I connected an external 2TB HDD to my PS3 and reformatted the file system to FAT32 so i could transfer all of my movies to it. 99% of the files are either AVI or MP4. Everything works perfectly except for the fact that randomly sometimes it will stop the playback of a movie and go to the Playstation home screen highlighting the playstation store icon... If I go back to the movie I was watching it will start from the beginning, instead of remembering where it left off (like it usually does if I quit out of it manually). However if I start the movie again and just fast forward to the point where it automatically stopped, it will finish playing the movie perfectly fine. At first I thought it was a time lapse thing, but I have had it happen after 5 mins of playing.. 20 mins... or ever 1hr. I also tried disabling the internet thinking it was some kind of update problem. but the problems still occurs..... If anyone has any idea what i'm talking about or any type of solution PLEASE RESPOND..ill greatly appreciate it!

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. also, I forgot to add that it doesn't happen throughout every movie..some movies play perfectly through the entire thing
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the only time i have ever had that problem with my PS3 is because of errors on the movie it self, not the machine.

or does your machine get hot, some PS3 machines have had overheating problems.
    Quote Quote