VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hey guys...this is frustrating to the point that i'm about to throw up.

first off...i'm not a video guy but i know a little bit...what's frustrating is i can't get an .flv, or an .swf to play on my site. So i had to upload the video from http://blip.tv and grab the embed code ...take a look here http://bknoproblem.com. the video works but i hate the way the black line border is there and how it says blip.tv on there... this site here does it right. i just don't know how to get it to look that clean and that good! http://rasmussenlawfirm.com/

what am i doing wrong? why is there's a blip.tv under my video but not on that rasmussen law site? and my pauses to buffer every few seconds but the rasmussen one doesn't.

what am i doing wrong fellas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wherever "your site" is, it's probably overloaded.
    Quote Quote  
  3. that's not the case. the video is uploaded onto www.blip.tv. we're not hosing that video...that website is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    drew68, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks redwudz...my bad
    Quote Quote  
  6. Normally, when you host a video on another site, for instance Vimeo, you embed the video code on your website that they provide to you. The video then uses the Vimeo player that they provide. If it happens to be a FLV player then you will get a message to update your version if it can't play on the one you have. Doesn't blip do that also?
    Quote Quote  
  7. treetops...thanks. i tried vimeo and that player does not look good. just looked really bad. i just like video to be clean and not having to buffer like rasmussen law firms. i don't get why this is such a big mess. what can i do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try using their code then. Copy it from the webpage.
    Last edited by budwzr; 14th Dec 2010 at 13:50.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I think you can change the player in the blip dashboard settings. Right now you are using default basic player, so the blip logo is there

Also, there are some paid features too if you want to upgrade, I can't recall what benefits you get

You have 2 videos playing simultaneously, maybe that's why it's buffering - the keyed out girl ,and the guy setting behind the desk

Your aspect ratio is off for a 16:9 video. It's 640x426 which is ~1.5 AR . That's why you get pillarboxing. You would use something like 640x360 for 16:9 . Or something like 848x480

It's not optimized very well for streaming. It's a bit noisy and you left it interlaced. You should pre-process it with mild denoising filters and deinterlace properly. Right now you are using ~2.5Mb/s which is what youtube uses for 720p. You could increase the subjective quality and reduce the bandwidth streaming by denoising , deinterlacing, and using better encoding settings. You shouldn't need that much bitrate if you optimized it correctly. An interview has very little motion and should compress well. This will help with buffering if you reduce bandwidth requirements
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	350
Size:	464.5 KB
ID:	4722  

Last edited by poisondeathray; 14th Dec 2010 at 14:10.
    Quote Quote  
  10. thanks poisondeathray...looking into that right now...will let you know how it goes
    Last edited by drew68; 14th Dec 2010 at 15:36.
    Quote Quote