VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I'm a yank in the states and I purchased a Region B Bluray that was made from a television broadcast in the UK; the Blu is mastered in 1080i 25fps, 1.77:1 fullframe. I believe this was shot in 25fps (50 fields?) and wasn't 24fps sped up in the mastering process, so slowing down to 24 (or 23.976) won't exactly cut it. I am seeking to make a new Blu from this that will play Region 0 (or Region A) 24fps 1080p (1080i is fine as well).

I've already succesfully burned a Region-0 Bluray w/out re-encoding, but when I tried to play it on my bluray player, obviously the picture was blank (black) because it was in 25fps. Audio came out no problem.

Is there an easy/simple way to edit the pulldown flags (if I even know what I'm talking about) or some configuration on the bluray program files so that I don't have to re-encode/re-compress the entire movie from scratch?

I am also trying to preserve the DTS-MA audio in 5.1, w/out re-encoding.

I just tried recoding the M2TS using TsMuxer, changing the frame rate from 25fps to 24, but I think the audio is now out of sync.

I know, I know, people are always telling me, quite aggressively, "Bluray doesn't do PAL or NTSC, its always progressive 24p"... well, this one is the exception, since the original broadcast was designed for UK Televisions.

I really, really, don't want to re-encode and re-compress.

Any tips, creative ideas, would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by BilboFett; 12th Dec 2010 at 15:04. Reason: missing information
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Demux your audio and convert it using Eac3to (audio tab - select PAL slowdown 25->24/1.001). You can remux the converted file back to the converted 24fps video with tsMuxer. Note: if the audio is DTS, you will need to install a DTS encoder (such as SURCode) and configure Eac3to to recognize it.

This worked for me, but the (tsMuxer converted) video is compressed vertically to half the height. I need to find a tool to fix that.
    Quote Quote