VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an ADSTech VideoXpress USB device, and as soon as I upgraded to a windows 7 computer i get the message that it cant install the capwiz with out the proper divers. Does any one have a link to the proper files so that I can get capwiz up and running on my new Windows 7 computer?

Working with this....
    http://www.amazon.com/ADS-Tech-DVD-Express-USBAV-701/dp/B00009YUPS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&...2136050&sr=8-2

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.adstechnologies.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=13

Has all the drivers and software from the manufacturer. Your device appears to be for XP only.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I cant download drivers to use it for Windows 7 then?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eggs44 View Post
    So I cant download drivers to use it for Windows 7 then?
    If there were Windows 7 drivers available for it, the manufacturer's website would have them listed. The device you have (DVD Xpress DX2 USBAV-701) appears to have been originally released in 2003 or 2004. It has since been replaced with a newer model (DVD Xpress DX2 USBAV-709). I expect the hardware is different enough that the drivers for one won't work with the other.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah ok...sucks, DOnt really want to have to shell out 50 bucks for a new one...
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have a DVD Express running on Windows 7 with no problem. The driver version is 3.0.0.0 (dated 1-31-07) and Cap Wiz 3.8.02 . Have you tried these?
    http://www.adstechnologies.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=13

Forgot to mention that I have the 32 bit version of windows 7.
    Last edited by hudsonf; 15th Dec 2010 at 11:43.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have Windows 7 32bit and I've had the ADS DVD Express USBAV-701 Rev. B for about six years or so. I use it without problems on Windows 7 using the driver and capwiz versions listed for this device (not the 709). Both the driver and capwiz say they are for XP and capwiz says "XP Only" which might tend to put you off. However, it has said that since long before Vista/7 came out and what it really means is "Not for Windows 98". Installing both the driver and capwiz on Win7 presents no problems and it will work perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I jus tinstalled it on my new win7 with XP CD and got a driver issue. Went to the ADS site, intalled Capwiz 3.8.0.21 for win7 plus the right drivers and it doesn't work even though win7 tells me I have the latest drivers, I get an error msg saying:

Debug Assertion Failed! Program: C:Program Files (x86)\ADSTechDVDXpressDX2\Capwix.exe File: cmndtarg.exe Line: 52 For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual ++ documentation on asserts. Abort Retry Ignore

... and that's it... can someone helps? Thanks.

ompblus
    Quote Quote  
  9. I got the exact same error with the Windows 7 install: Debug Assertion Error! Line 52. With version 3.8.21
    Did you ever get it resolved?
    I was able to install the XP version (3.8.12) on my Windows 7 laptop and run it in compatibility mode, but then I get an error that it cannot find the Capture device (I think that it does not like that the driver is unsigned?)
    Any one had any luck with either of these problems?
    Quote Quote  
  10. but then I get an error that it cannot find the Capture device (I think that
    it does not like that the driver is unsigned?)
    Any one had any luck with
    either of these problems?
    The newest driver available doesn't work and causes this error. I initially discovered this when Windows Update automatically installed the newer driver for me one weekend and suddenly the capture device couldn't be found. Rolling back the driver fixed it for me but if you've never had the older driver installed you'll have to download it from the site. Basically the approach to getting this device working on Win7 is to use the oldest software and driver you can find.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi, I also need the driver disk for the USBAV-701 REV2.

I have been looking for a long time to find a place to download the drivers, but the ADS site is gone, and everything else I find fails the https://www.virustotal.com/ test.
    Many have toolbars and virus within the download.

Please help with an image of the disk via email or snail mail.
    I am in Canada if that makes it easier for anyone.
    Quote Quote  
  12. bump...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just like previous posts have stated, ADS Tech DVD Xpress USVAV-701 Rev 2 will work with Windows 7 32 bit. I could not get it to work with Windows 7 64 bits because I never could find the correct 64 bit drivers.

Now the newer Model series USBAV-709 and 714 will work with Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit. It also works with Windows 8.1 32 bit and 64 bit. When the 709 and 714 work with 64 bits, you need to go to Advance Boot Option and and select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement every time you boot you computer. This can also be accessed by powering up computer going into Boot Manager. I use the free EASY BCD program to modify the Windows boot loader file which will access the Boot Manager with no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I know this is an Old Thread but just in case this can help someone I wanted to share it.

The way I got my DVDXpress DX2 working on Windows 7 was:

1) Setup Windows XP Mode
    2) Installed Driver and the CAPWiz Program 3.8 in Virtual XP PC (I had my original CD)

Run the program and it works in the Virtual Machine

If you want to also write directly to a DVD then do these extra steps

1) You need a DVD that you plug into a USB (Apple SuperDrive works as well)
    2) On the Virtual USB menu choose your DVD USB drive and click it to not share it between the virtual and Real machine
    3) This will then install other drivers so that the USB DVD Drive is actually available in the Virtual machine
    4) Once it finishes the USB DVD Drive will be available probably as an E drive (at least this is what it was for me)

Now your all set to transfer direct to DVD. Works like a Charm.

In case you don't have your original Program CD, this link seems to have not just what you would need for XP but also for Vista

https://web.archive.org/web/20120420074333/http://www.adstechnologies.com/index.php?ma...age=page&id=13

Will try the Vista on Windows 7 and see if it works. Will post an update.

Hope this helps someone else!
    Last edited by MoeYul; 21st Dec 2015 at 15:52.
    Quote Quote