VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. Iīm trying to convert a 23.976 fps .avi file to a compliant DVD disc that can be played on the standalone player. The problem is that the player wonīt play the resulted DVD in any way. Iīm using TMPGenc 720x480, video format NTSC and tried fps: 29.97, pure 23.976, 23.976 with 3:2 Pulldown (within TMPGenc or external Pulldown.exe), 23.976 with 3:2 Pulldown filter (TMPGenc). The player keeps saying "incompatible disc".

Note: when doing this same conversion with ConvertxToDVD it plays fine. The problem is that I want to use VDub frameserving to TMPGenc so I can apply a sharpening filter. ConvertxToDVD donīt have this capability.

Sample .avi attached.

Thanks is advance.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Convertxtodvd authors the disc - tmpgenc is an encoder and does not author to DVD.

If you want to author a DVD: Create the avi as you are doing, run the final result through convertxtodvd (I use TDA3 to author, but if you already have convertxtodvd - why not use it?)
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by classfour View Post
    Convertxtodvd authors the disc - tmpgenc is an encoder and does not author to DVD.

If you want to author a DVD: Create the avi as you are doing, run the final result through convertxtodvd (I use TDA3 to author, but if you already have convertxtodvd - why not use it?)
    Thatīs what I wanted to do in the first place, but like I said, ConvertXToDVD doesnīt accept frameserving from VirtualDub, and I canīt create a huge temp .avi file in VDub cause I donīt have enough HD space.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Convert with tmpgenc. Use simple dvd creator to author the mpg to a standard dvd-video. Burn the VIDEO_TS folder with imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Convert with tmpgenc. Use simple dvd creator to author the mpg to a standard dvd-video. Burn the VIDEO_TS folder with imgburn.
    I forgot to say that I was authoring the output files from TPCGenc with Ifoedit DVD Auhor.

Anyway, I tried Baldrickīs method and it worked like a charm. So the issue was caused by Ifoedit?

Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote