VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Was going to try this app out this weekend. To stream video directly to my TV, it uses UPnP and DLNA. It's a trial app for 15 days, but the paid version is only $40. Anyone know of an free app that can do what this does?

I have an old dell machine I use as a server and would attach my usb hd to it. Then stream it over my network where my TV can find it I hope my TV can be found in the search it performs.

http://www.nero.com/enu/mediahome4-introduction.html
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can find TVersity on this site, there is a free version and a paid version.

I've been trying to get a working home media server setup myself and came upon it. I've got some kind of network issue though, I tried playon (also on this site) and TVersity and can't get either to work, as I said it's a lan issue for me.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sounds like more good info. So much out there never know where to start. I found that my samsung tv can use a samsung app called share manager for free. It also finds non samsung dlna devices so you can try that one as well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a PlayStation3 you can try PS3 Media Server. It works.
    Quote Quote