VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

Be sure to download the 'Matrox VFW' codecs. Otherwise you won't be able to load any video. Here's the link

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/windows/vfw_software_codecs/downloads/softwares/version1.0/

Lightworks is a high-end, software based, video editing package, used by a number of the industry's leading filmmakers and editors. While not as well known as other packages -- a price tag well into the five figure range can somewhat limit your user base -- it is considered by some to be the most intuitive and elegant video editor ever designed. A few months back they announced they were going opensource. Free. They then put up a page where anyone could register to be part of the beta program

For those who are interested, here's a link to their main page about Lightworks. On the left, under Lightworks, you can see a link that says download. That takes you to the registration form. I don't know if current registations will get the beta this late in the game

http://www.editshare.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=155&Itemid=203
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Omg!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    signup appears to still be open to any valid email address.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
    Be sure to download the 'Matrox VFW' codecs. Otherwise you won't be able to load any video
    I have installed the matrox codecs, and i patched lightworks, updated quicktime, and if by luck.. i manage to import any video.. its just "blank", no picture and no sound.
    The Matrox codec pack disables my previously installed mjepg codec, so i think that maybe its conflicting with other codec's too..!?!?
    Im thinking to uninstall all of my codec's, and try it then.. so far nothing good to say about it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. No, everyone is having problems with it. It's been reported on multiple forums
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know, i have been to the lightworks forum, and i cant see any logical explanation about this problem.

p.s. it seams that there is second version of the "first" beta, the first one was 15.937 KB, the second 15.718 KB, the second one doesn't include "console" while installing.
    Last edited by pirej; 4th Dec 2010 at 19:20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Great and promising.
    But I don't like the Matrox codec pack at all.
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No.. it doesent give me video preview on my pc with ONLY Matrox codecs installed, so.. it's not about conflicting codec's
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    something smells bad. this supposed 5 figure ex-retail editing program doesn't work for anyone?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I smelled it FIRST!!!

I checked it out on Wiki, and that software's been bought and sold by various companies too many times to count, so I don't know how it can be worth five figures, which starts at $10,000 USD, unless it's five figure Pesos.

#2, the tone of the post smells just like spam. "Hurry,hurry, last chance, etc."

#3, That thing probably has spyware..
    Last edited by budwzr; 5th Dec 2010 at 11:49.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    something smells bad. this supposed 5 figure ex-retail editing program doesn't work for anyone?
    I agree! I've been looking forward to this, thinking it would be rock-solid and bug-free!? What the...?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For the time being, just keep an eye on it.
    I bet something really stupid cause this. Probably this alpha release is not tested on various systems and works only on the developers PCs.
    It's too early to expect it bug free and rock-solid. Of course, this first release, nobody expected to be totally useless too...
    Quote Quote