VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

I have serious troubles with my DVD-R.

I have record from VHS to DVD-R. And now I want to add subtitles to this DVD. The first thing is the strange size of the VOBs:

Click image for larger version

Name:	snap1mu.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	4512

The audio and video are synced perfectly on original DVD-R. But when I demux them and then mux with additional sup file I get progressive out of sync between video and audio. I used different programs: Ifo edit, Muxman, Mpeg-vcr, vob-edit, pgc demux. I even tried to create DVD in Nero and correct errors in Vobblanker. But the result is the same. It's a problem of video and I don't know what to do.

Any help will be very appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What you might try is to extract the MPEG video from the DVD and re-author it. VOB2MPG is one way to extract.

Progressively out of sync audio is usually caused by different lengths of the audio and video tracks. That may be related to your DVD structure and a MPEG extraction may help.

You could use GUI for dvdauthor for the authoring part and this may reduce the number of tools needed. ImgBurn is recommended for burning to disc.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply. I used the programs you mentioned and got this error. This seems to be the cause of out of sync. Do you know how to fix it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapdf.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	4517
    Quote Quote