VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks I found this forum.

Dear members, I've been struggling to transfer the movies that I downloaded online to DVD. I tried many things and I can't make everything working. I have some specific questions and I would really appreciate your helpful response.

Tools I have.

1. Any Video Converter
    2. Nero
    3. Burn4Free

I have some movies downloaded from online sources and all of these are in AVI format. I tried converting some to mpeg-1 and mpg, and burn them to DVD - some works and some not. I tried burning the avi files directly to DVD and still some works and some not.

My questions:

1. What is the exact file format of the movie that I need in order to burn it to DVD. I have NTSC system (I'm from Philippines).

2. What is the average number of movies that I can burn into a 4.7 DVD (assuming my original file is around 700mb AVI)?

3. How do I burn a movie with subtitle?

4. Please suggest some tools to use to make a good DVD.

Thanks a lot once again. This will be a big help for me. I am living on apartment during weekdays and go home only during weekends. I need movies to watch in my apartment with my DVD player and I need this method badly.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Raden
    Last edited by silveraden; 29th Nov 2010 at 07:54. Reason: unfinished sentence (added DVD on No. 4)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by silveraden View Post

4. Please suggest some tools to use to make a good DVD.
    Hi
    Use a program such as DVDflick.
    From here:- http://www.dvdflick.net/
    Read the guide as well:- http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you.. I'll try
    Quote Quote  
  4. I would suggest that you read the WHAT IS section to describe DVD file types and structure.

Basically, DVD consists of MPG (1 or 2, usually 2) Authored into VOB files. Some DVD players, but not all, will play Some, but not all, types of AVI files burned onto DVD.

The filesize of the original file has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with how many will fit on a DVD. Runtime, in minutes, multiplied by Bitrate, which you should be able to choose. There are some other factors but you are not ready for that yet.

Once you have a DVD-standard MPG file, GuiforDVDAuthor will prepare it for burning and allow you to add subtitles. Use IMGBurn to burn to disk. Nero will often do unpleasant things to your files. IMGBurn will not.
    Quote Quote