VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well here's how it is, I been using nero without menu's or anything of that sort and the I take my 3 mpeg compliant files and add them to be burned. Everything is fine it is less than 700 mb on the bottom then when I hit burn it jumps to about 750 mb as the Video CD size but thats normal I believe because vcd can hold up to 800 mb. Well I'm not sure what is exactly wrong but towards the end about the last 5 minutes of the third file the frames jump and everything freezes on and off and sound goes and and everything goes rough. I was wondering what is causing this is it because I have too much on the cd or something else some sort of Nero bug ??? any help would be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not real thrilled with using Nero to create VCDs as it does not strictly follow the standards. VCDEasy is a much better tool for creating VCDs and you can take the image it creates and burn that safely with Nero if you wish.

As is often the case for new members, more info would be helpful. What exactly is your playback device? And if it's not a PC, have you tried playing your VCDs on a PC to see if they are OK there? One suggestion would be to try better media, either Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim. The other would be to try burning at a lower speed. Probably your problem is not Nero itself so I'd try one or both of my two suggestions first.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't VCDEasy have problems running on any version of Windows higher than XP, though?
    (At least, not without running it in a virtual machine, etc.)
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ai Haibara View Post
    Doesn't VCDEasy have problems running on any version of Windows higher than XP, though?
    (At least, not without running it in a virtual machine, etc.)
    Yes but since the original poster has provider precious few details we have no way to know if that's anything to worry about or not.
    Quote Quote