VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. eoin
    Search Comp PM
    FIRST AND FORMOST HELLO EVERYONE MY NAME IS EOIN...
    Ok here my question : : I Have a sony hd 1000p camcorder and im using nero software.
    i want to get some clips in slow motion at least 1 minute long clips but the problem is my camcoder only record short 3 second bursts in slow motion, is there a way to get pro slow motion with this camera and software, if not then how do i do it,
    i really want the slow motion to look great and professional,
    I Am very greatful for any sort of help with this please.
    thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    owen bryan, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The best you can do is shoot in the highest framespeed possible and use an NLE to time-expand it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, but you say on the one hand that you want a professional looking job, and on the other hand say you are using Nero. The wo are mutually exclusive.

If you really want the slow motion to look high quality andf professional, hire a camera that can do slow motion properly.

There are software methods for faking slow motion, but they are a fake. The good ones costs hundreds of dollars and are slow to process, especially with HD footage.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. AviSynth's SmoothFPS() can be used to create slow motion with motion interpolated frames. It works pretty well for panning type shots. Not so well for complex motion. See Slow.avi in this post for a not so good case example:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/243743-Super-Smooth-Slow-Motion-from-standard-DV-ca...=1#post1442442

It's easy to make half speed video from interlaced sources. See the bob.avi in the above link.
    Quote Quote