VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there, apologies if this has been answered already but I haven't managed to find the right info as yet.

I have a video project where a .ts file is played from a CF card through a Bright Sign display system.

My issue is I have been asked to add subtitles to the film - I have used Jubler to do this and then Submerge to create a lossless .mov with subtitles. All good so far, however, when I then convert my lossless .mov to .ts (using Tipard total media converter) I lose the subtitles.

Can anyone suggest any solutions to the problem as my final .ts needs to contain the subs due to being played from the CF card?

Many thanks for any help with this!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Add the sub to the ts with tsmuxer? Or do you want hard coded sub in the ts?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply, but it seems I can't get a version of tsmuxer to work on my system. It would probably be best to hard code them though as they never need to be changed and it may be more likely to play on this CF based system?

Can you advise on the best way to hard code the subs into the ts file?

Many thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looking at the Bright Sign specifications I couldn't find any mention of subtitles, so maybe if you produce a burnt in subs version may be the solution?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi thanks for the suggestion - could you clarify what you mean by 'burnt in' though? To be honest I think that's what I'm trying to achieve but just not sure of the best way to do it...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Burnt in = subtitles permanently displayed and non switchable. ie like a video overlay as opposed to say what's on a DVD or Bluray where you can turn them on or off or select a particular language etc.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That sounds ideal - I thought I had already achieved this though at the .mov stage but then when I convert it to .ts I lose them. What would you suggest is the best method to achieve the ts file with burnt in titles? Are you meaning do it at the video editing level e.g. after effects?

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't suppose anyone can offer any other alternatives here or suggest the best way of hard coding the subs into the .ts?
    My original movie was made in after effects but I don't have the pro version which means I can't run scripts (otherwise I would have made an .ssa file and imported that).

I have also tried running the following expression in AE:

type = "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, \consectetuer\ adipiscing elit. Donec eu tortor. Vivamus elementum massa et nibh. Mauris aliquam nisi ac tortor. Praesent vel massa. Quisque aliquam gravida dui. Praesent ornare, velit et sollicitudin sodales, nisi lacus vehicula pede, ut bibendum ipsum dolor nec dolor. Aliquam pulvinar fringilla ante. Phasellus luctus tortor laoreet lorem. Proin odio. Nunc sem. Nulla facilisi.";

sentences = type.split(".");
    n = Math.floor(effect("Lines")("Slider"));
    if (n>=sentences.length){n=sentences.length-1}
    if (n<=0){n=1}

lineBreak = effect("LineBreak")("Slider");
    line = sentences[n];

if(n>13){n=11}

if(line.length > lineBreak){
    "" + line.slice(1, lineBreak+1) + "\r" + line.slice(lineBreak +1, line.length);
    }else{
    "\r" + line + ".";
    }

which i found online but it keeps returning errors and misses the start of the subtitles!!!

I can't believe how fiddly this is - surely there is a simple solution - can anyone help?

Many thanks
    Quote Quote