VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i need to convert MKV files to any format (playable on PS3), i use Format factory, MKV2VOB and lately ConvertXToDVD when i convert my files using these programs i lose all the subtitle attributes such as colour, font and the most annoying part is the positions. main dialog, titles and songs are all mixed together. what i need is something to convert MKV files w/o losing any of the subtitle attributes and please execuse my english .
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must hard code the subs into the image. Avidemux, virtualdub and avisynth with vobsub plugin supports ssa/ass with styles. And nope, it's not as easy as the tools you mentions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i would be really grateful if you write the steps Baldrick, and where to put the plugins exactly
    Quote Quote  
  4. i read few guides about the programs you listed and i have to say i got no idea , so i tried things myself.
    okay this is what i did, i extracted Vobsub into Avidemux plugin and when i load the MKV file through Avidemux this pop first.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i pressed yes and i changed few things.

i extracted the subtitle using MKV ExtractGui and put it here (vobsub plugin) and i pressed close

i saved the file as "kk.avi" and it took a while for the converting process.

the avi file came out with no subtitle at all, so i thought its better to use virtualdub now and this is what happens when i load the avi file

please tell me what did i do wrong
    Quote Quote  
  5. i download this
    http://www.free-codecs.com/Nic_XviD_Codec_download.htm
    and the virtualdub error message disappeared, but the program is really complicated what should i do from here
    Quote Quote  
  6. okay i tried to use it but it didn't came out well , the clip just came out fine but the sub came out with small letters, deferent font and in the middle of the screen not where it supose to be.
    Quote Quote  
  7. okay Avidemux is splendid piece of work but only for those who knows how to run it correctly, i solved all my problems with it beside one last thing. when i finish converting and hard coding i get problems with sync video/audio thing, i'm suppose to change the fram rate under Audio but to what exactly? how do i figure out the correct fram rate for every clip?

Last edited by Looney; 29th Nov 2010 at 00:01.
    Quote Quote