VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dark Lord
    Search Comp PM
    I have a video file(avi) and its corresponding subtitle(srt) file.After cutting a scene from the original video,the subtitles are now lagging behind from that scene with time equal to the time of scene deleted.
    The audio plays in sync with subtitles from start upto the point where the scene was deleted.From that point onwards,subtitle lags behind the audio.
    Is there any way to bring back the synchronization(by editing subtitle file or by any other means) .
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Dark Lord
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    This will let me shift the entire file,whereas i have no subtitle sync issue upto certain length of video.Shifting the entire file will then affect the initial proper sync??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by satish_j View Post
    This will let me shift the entire file,whereas i have no subtitle sync issue upto certain length of video.Shifting the entire file will then affect the initial proper sync??
    Read the help/manual.
    I'm sure you can select a set of subtitles and only shift them.

If not, you certainly can in Subtitle Workshop, an older app but good with SRTs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    With subtitle edit just highlight the affected lines and right click on them and select show selected times earlier/later.If you need to highlight a few hundred lines just press shift and hold it down and highlight the first line.

While still holding the shift button scroll down to last line you need and highlight that and all the lines needed will be highlighted.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote