VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently purchased a Sony Bravia EX308 which works great for Netflix streaming and somewhat great for DLNA streaming from my Windows Vista machine. The problem I have is that it seems to see some video files and not others. If I cat the VOB files from a DVD into one file and rename it .mpg then it can see and play that file fine. I have taken a 30 second AVI videos from my still picture camera and converted them to MPEG 2 years ago and some will play and some will not. I don't seem to be able to figure out a sure fire recipe except that it always likes DVD files and not much else. If I record TV in media center, it does not see those files (even if I convert to MPEG 2).

Music and pictures on my PC are seen and play just fine.

I searched the Sony site but had no luck. Anyone have any luck or secrets? The DLNA group claims ya gotta support MPEG 2 video but they don't say which bit rates, sizes, audio ...

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you figured out anything on the video formats? I've got an EX308 as well and I can't get it to play anything.
    Should have bought a Samsung I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have not gotten it to play any more files than I originally tried. Being able to play vob files renamed to mpg is good enough for me now. Some of the other cool kids use Linux servers that transcode on the fly to play more formats but I just have not spent that much time on it. Streaming DSL Netflix seems to be my biggest mode of operation after high quality rabit ear HDTV over the air. Just say no to the cable!
    Quote Quote