VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is the easiest software to use to convert my M2TS HD files to MKV with chapters and no compression.. want to keep the same size files or close 5 to 10 gb's.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

Thanks. Is this free ware? Says trial ware $70. Is this easy to make chapters with? if so I will pay the $70. I would like the chapters to be automatic...not have to select every place I would like a chapter like others I have used.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by neworldman View Post
    What is the easiest software to use to convert my M2TS HD files to MKV with chapters and no compression.. want to keep the same size files or close 5 to 10 gb's.

Thanks
    Use tsMuxeR to separate the audio and video streams, then MKVMerge to re-pack into an MKV container.
    For chapter information, see this link.
    Friendly beatings available, inquire within.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Zetski210 View Post
    Originally Posted by neworldman View Post

Thanks
    Use tsMuxeR to separate the audio and video streams, then MKVMerge to re-pack into an MKV container.
    For chapter information, see this link.
    Wow this is alot more involved then I thought. I was looking for something I could just add my M2TS or ISo file to the software and it would make a MKV with chapters. Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to research and learn how to do this.
    Quote Quote