VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everybody,

So today I took delivery of my new shuttle. So far I have been able to update the drivers and firmware (2.0.4.0 driver and 3025 firmware) from www.station-drivers.com/page/nec.htm The shuttle is connected via the 3.0 usb into the 3.0 usb socket that came with the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R)

I have installed Media Express. The problem I have is that when I launch Media Express all I get in the capture preview box is a black screen with absolutely no images at all. The ps3 is connected to the shuttle via Component cable (red, green and blue, with red and white phono cables for the audio)

From control panel I open the BM preference settings and I have set the input to 'Component Video and Analog RCA Audio'

On the PS3 console I have set the Display settings to Component/D-Terminal

There must be something obvious that I am not doing, I am 99% sure that I have set everything up correctly, PLEASE can someone help because I am all out of ideas, I have paid a lot of money for my shuttle 150GBP and done a lot of research into checking that my system is capable and I am confident that it is.

What I cant find anywhere is a step by step guide specifically for capturing Playstation 3 gameplay on a Blackmagic Shuttle, so I am praying that you guys will be able to come up trumps and help me on my way to solving this. If I can at least get the images on screen then that will be a start...

I am not a technical genius so please go steady on me,

many thanks indeed,

Christopher

psn: tuffjam
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Make sure the output format of the PS3 matches the project format settings of Media Express. What are your format settings?
    Quote Quote