VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all ... Well I have all these camera recorded MP4 video files which I'd like to re-encode into XviD AVI format ... I normally use VirtualDub for all video related procedures but VirtualDub doesn't by default support MP4's (I know there are workarounds but they dont product good results for me) ..

So I have tried a few small 'format conversion' program for converting MP4 to AVI, but they all give choppy/blocky AVI videos .. The results videos have parts in them which remain 'constant' for 2-3 seconds and then suddenly change (going from one keyframe to another directly) ..

I need a tool/program (free or otherwise) which can give good outputs and supports batch conversion (since I have a lot of MP4s and would like to run the same job on all videos) ..

Any recommendations ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried WinFF or Xmedia Recode?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Why? But seriously, use Xmedia Recode just play around with the settings to get the best possible quality. You can add all the projects and it will do one after the other.

If you concern with quality, use H264 codec instead. XviD is dying
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just curious, since I use Virtualdub (with Quicktime plugin) to convert MP4s without issue: could you be more specific about the not-good results you're getting? Maybe it's easily fixable.

Best,

Calidore
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi/

Lossless converting from MP4 to AVI
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ImTOO Video Converter 6. The trial version is full featured for videos under 3 minutes.

http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-ripper.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_conten...ign=dvd-ripper

creakndale
    Quote Quote  
  7. VirtualDub with the DirectShow plug-in works great for me - MP4 and use ffdshow to recompress.
    Quote Quote