VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a HD PVR and I am recoding using the Xbox 360 mode (MP4, H.264) and have been converting my files using a freeware program MP4cam2Avi which changes the MP4 file to a AVI, so I can edit with Movie Maker. So far this is the best and fastest converter to avi I have found. All other converters show a significant loss in quality (HD quality needed) and for this larger file (approx: 5 hours HD) I am trying to convert, it gives me a error saying "Moov Atom not Found" also gives another error "Threading Error". Is there any way to fix the Moov error or another freeware program that will give me quality avi conversion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That error has something to do with your Quicktime player. When you take an Apple "update" it has very little benefit to you, it's mostly Apple trying to re-jigger the player so your other programs can't use it. If you pay the fee and upgrade to "Pro", this issue disappears.

Apple is trying to infiltrate Windows via iTunes and the other handful of stuff they take the liberty to install and they can't even give us a reach-around on the Quicktime player.

Bottom Line: "Moov Atom iis some kind of Applespeak.
    Last edited by budwzr; 17th Nov 2010 at 18:06.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, when I use the same type of file with the converter it converts it no problem and with good quality. I have a PC and am not to knowlegable about the role quicktime plays with this type of conversion if any(to me I didn't think it did). I thought that maybe because of how big the HD MP4 file was it might have been giving this error. It is just off to me that it would convert other files with no problem and fast, but this file it shows the error. I was expecting to wait a while for the file to convert but I just have been searching forever about this lol. Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    .mp4 is a quicktime container. I think the error has to do with the container more so than what's in it.
    Last edited by budwzr; 17th Nov 2010 at 18:22.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks again, kind of stinks it wont convert and I am to cheap to pay lol. Lose _ Lose situation
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was doing some research and found this at the mp4cam2avi website:

"Unlike many converting apps, MP4Cam2AVI doesn't require QuickTime or any codecs to work, it performs all the job itself."

Also, the author invites users to contact him for issues.

Seems like mp4cam2avi is a remuxer, that's why it seems so fast. There are others out there, AVIDemux comes to mind, look in the tools section.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok, thanks again I will try and use AVIDemux and I will also try and contact the author.
    Quote Quote