VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi friends,

I want to add a watermark on the right hand bottom of the video.I'm planning to save watermark as a subtitle and embed it using Xvid4psp.i used the SSA syntax([V4 Styles]) and modified it so that watermark can be placed on the right hand bottom of the video.but my efforts are in vain .i cannot get it to place on that specific position.i want to do this way only coz Xvid4psp supports all formats and very easy to embed it .can anyone plz give me the styles to place it at the right hand bottom.any help will be appreciated.

The SSA syntax which i'm using is given below

ScriptType: v4.00
    Collisions: Normal
    PlayResX: 384
    PlayResY: 288
    Timer: 100.0000

[V4 Styles]
    Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, TertiaryColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, AlphaLevel, Encoding
    Style: Default,Arial,25,12632256,8026746,12632256,-2147483640,0,0,1,2,0,2,20,20,20,0,0

[Events]
    Format: Marked, Start, End, Style, Name, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Effect, Text
    Dialogue: Marked=0,0:00:05.27,0:00:10.27,Default,,0000,0000, 0000,,WATERMARK

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not familiar with ssa format but you can use avisynth to do that:

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Subtitle

Code:
    AviSource("video.avi")
    Subtitle("Hello world!", font="georgia", size=24, text_color=$ff0000, align=3)
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Change MarginL, MarginR, MarginV values

http://avisynth.org.ru/docs/english/externalfilters/vsfilter.htm

MarginL. This defines the Left Margin in pixels. It is the distance from the left-hand edge of the screen.The three onscreen margins (MarginL, MarginR, MarginV) define areas in which the subtitle text will be displayed.
    MarginR. This defines the Right Margin in pixels. It is the distance from the right-hand edge of the screen. The three onscreen margins (MarginL, MarginR, MarginV) define areas in which the subtitle text will be displayed.
    MarginV. This defines the vertical Left Margin in pixels.
    For a subtitle, it is the distance from the bottom of the screen.
    For a toptitle, it is the distance from the top of the screen.
    For a midtitle, the value is ignored - the text will be vertically centred
    You might find aegisub useful for editing SSA or ASS subs , there are tutorials and guides for it as well
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks poisondeathray for ur information.but how can i find the pixel values of MarginL, MarginR, MarginV at the bottom .can u give me that values .tried aegisub but very confusing.
    Last edited by zammil; 18th Nov 2010 at 06:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can use vdub to find the values, but if you're going to use a single line in your watermark avisynth aproach is a lot simpler, create the avs with the example above and convert it with xvid4psp, you can "fine tune" the watermark position as well.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    thanks ricardouk.i tried it ur way the watermark is coming at the right bottom but it is lifted upwards. u said u can fine tune it but how?.installed vdub and opened the video file but don't know how to find the pixel values .maybe it's very easy but i don't know how to do it.hoping for ur reply.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what do you mean with lifted upwards? here´s one example:

Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    i loaded ur given script and get the following error:
    Script error:Subtitle does not have a named argument "align"
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 7.png
Views:	286
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	4272  

Last edited by zammil; 20th Nov 2010 at 02:21.
    Quote Quote  
  9. @zammil

I guess u r looking for ready to eat dish, but it always better to cook per own taste.
    it's 100% sure shot possible with AVISynth Scripting as said by other members as above.
    Read AVISynth Help documentation and there is a detailed another thread here on Video Help.
    Quote Quote