VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Gateway Desktop running XP. I have an external Adaptec AVC-3610 Dual Tuner connected to the desktop through USB. USB is the only option with this device that I know of. The drivers for this device were pre-loaded from what I have found. I connected the device and can find it in the hardware list for the desktop.
    The default player for signals coming through this device is Media Center. Media Center will show video from this device transmitted through cable television. MC will recognize it directly or through a box. I can use a VHS set to channel 3 or 4 as a box and still see the video. If I play an analog tape from the same VCR, I cannot see the video. Is the Adaptec AVC-3610 Dual Tuner capable of acting as analog to digital converter?
    I ultimately want to capture and edit digitized analog video in Adobe Premiere but understand this is only possible through a device that uses firewire. With perhaps multiple issues here, can someone offer direction towards that ultimate goal using the hardware/software described?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it a commercial DVD? If so, copy protection on the tape may be kicking in giving the black screen.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It is not a DVD. It is a VHS home recording.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oops, typo - I meant commercial tape. Are you saying you can pass the cable box signal throgh the vcr, connect the
    coax from the vcr to the input jack of the device and it works, except for when you play a tape?

I really don't see what the difference is between the signal from the tape, and the signal from the cable box.
    The only issue I'm aware of is the commercial tape having macrovision.

Have you tried connecting the VCR via the composite or s-video cables?
    Quote Quote