VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

I'm trying to encode some Anime in VFR ''30fps'' the source is 23.976.
    Does anyone know any method for this? If I change the fps will the audio be out of sync ?

Please help,

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Strictly speaking, you can't through megui, because it uses avisynth = CFR

You can encode CFR, then mux in timecodes into the container = VFR

or use x264.exe directly, which supports VFR now
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can encode CFR, then mux in timecodes into the container = VFR
    Can you explain how? And the audio will not be out of sync?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. I explained a couple times , if you search you should be able to find the posts

Basically you encode as you would normally, then mux in timecodes in mkvmerge. If you highlight the video track, the general track options tab, there is a box for timecodes, so you navigate to your timecodes.txt (or whatever they're called) and select it

The audio is the same, it's the timecodes tell the player to speed up/ slow down - that's how the vfr video is in the first place
    Quote Quote  
  5. Your next question is probably "how do I get timecodes" ?

There are probably several ways, I use ffmpegsource

FFVideoSource("video.mkv", timecodes="timecodes_v2.txt")

If you open that up in a player like MPC, or avsp, or vdub it will output the timecodes file
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sorry for being such a noob lol, but i still don't understand.. What I must open in MPC etc, yhe video or that code
    FFVideoSource("video.mkv", timecodes="timecodes_v2.txt")
    ??

And how?
    Quote Quote  
  7. you need to create an avisynth script

http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/

First download that package and unzip plugins into the avisynth plugins directory (you need the .dll's and .exe)

Open a textfile in notepad, write the code (change name to match), save it, rename extension to .avs from .txt

Open that .avs file in MPC
    Quote Quote  
  8. Can't do it...

I downloaded: http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/downloads/detail?name=ffmpegsource-2.14-mt-avs64.7z&can=2&q=

and extract it to my avisynth plugins folder, created the txt file: FFVideoSource("C:\Users\EnKiDu\Desktop\One Piece - 475 HD.mkv", timecodes="timecodes_v2.txt") and renamed it to .avs and open it with MPC.
    Quote Quote  
  9. what do you mean you can't do it ? it doesn't print "timecodes_v2.txt"?

you need the .dll's and ffmsindex.exe in the plugins directory, not just the folder

do you have avisynth installed ? 32bit or 64 bit ? everything has to match 32-bit or 64 bit or it wont work
    Quote Quote  
  10. I dont know what version of avisynth i have installed lol (^^)''

FFVideoSource("C:\Users\EnKiDu\Desktop\One Piece - 475 HD.mkv", timecodes="timecodes_v2.txt") Is this the correct way?? Or I should have to put only the file name??

I will try with another version of ffmpegsource
    Quote Quote  
  11. yes that's correct. If you have the .avs script in the same directory as the video, you don't need the full path (but it doesn't hurt to have it in there)

if you have the 32bit version of avisynth, use the 32bit ffmpegsource2 plugin
    Quote Quote  
  12. yes, that's the 32-bit multithreaded version (your 1st one was 64-bit version)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Script Error : there's no function named ''FFVideoSource''("C:\Users\EnKiDu\Desktop\One Piece - 475 HD.avs,line1)
    Quote Quote  
  14. do you have ffms2.dll in the plugins folder? (you have to take it out of the unzipped folder -e.g. copy & paste it into the avisynth/plugins folder, along with ffmsindex.exe)

maybe you should use x264.exe instead
    Quote Quote  
  15. I have the .exe and ffms2.dll in the folder.

I really wanted to use meGUI
    Quote Quote  
  16. make sure you have the correct version 32-bit or 64-bit

maybe try the non multithreaded version

you can extract timecodes another method, using mkv2vfr, it's a command line application
    Quote Quote  
  17. Can you give me the link to the file please? There's 5 / 6 to download and I don't know is the non multithreaded
    Quote Quote  
  18. http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/downloads/list

its the bottom one, "vanilla ffmpeg compile only"
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hold on, I re-read your 1st post. If you have a 23.976 CFR source, you can't do this. You need a VFR source.

I'm trying to encode some Anime in VFR ''30fps'' the source is 23.976.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Same error

Can't I just change the fps during the encoding to 30fps ??
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Same error

Can't I just change the fps during the encoding to 30fps ??

no, it will just play faster and go out of sync (unless you speed up the audio as well - chipmunk voices)

you can add frames (dupes) but it will play choppy, or use motion interpolation, but it causes artifacts on interploated frames
    you need a vfr source to make a vfr video
    Quote Quote  
  22. The video source is a .ts 1440x1080 23.976fps (Anime)

Do you think there's any reason to change the fps encoding in VFR? Or should I just encode it using 23.976fps using CFR?
    Quote Quote  
  23. I would just leave it as is CFR , but if your anime has different base frame rates you could make a case for VFR
    Quote Quote  
  24. Ok, thanks a lot for all the help ;D
    Quote Quote