VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there, after a bit of assistance again. But stuck on this one. Just to explain my current setup.
    Got an Acer Aspire Revo R3610 running Windows 7 64bit, 4 gig of memory running the nVidia ION chipset, attached via a HDMI cable to a Sony 42” LCD TV. This in turn it attached to a Sony Home Theatre System DAV-DZ260 via an optical cable.

I’m getting a problem with the sound on some formats, the latest being a H264 .mp4 with AAC Version 4 48000Hz 6ch rip. I’m using CoreAVC 2.0 for the video, which is working fine, and FFDShow tryout for the audio, and playing back using MPC-HC. When I’m playing the movie back I get both the CoreAVC and FFDShow icons appear in the notification area, which to me implies they are being used. Strange thing it I don’t get the Haali Media Splitter icon, which I do when using Windows Media Player even after adding it as an External Filter in MPC and saying I want to use it on all Video. Not sure if that’s relevant.

The main problem I’m getting is that U can only get Stereo play back and the sound keep muting from time to time. Only for small periods of time, but does seems to happen in about the same place. I’ve tried the same rip on another PC, and the sound is fine.

I’ve tried changing both the FFDShow Output setting and the MPC settings but nothing seems to make a difference…?!!?!??!?!?!?! I’m pretty sure my surround sound system supports 5.1 and DTS only, and I’ve tried the Encode only 5.1ch streams on FFD, still the same.

Can someone help me, or give me some pointers please? Because it does seem that no matter what I do in the FFD settings it makes no difference. Lost..!!

Cheers,

@
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi all. Sorry to repost about this subject, but I'm still having major problems with this.

I seem to have a problem playing back video with AAC encoded audio. Just explain my setup first, this is on:

Acer Aspire Revo R3610 running Windows 7 64bit, 4 gig of memory running the nVidia ION chipset, attached via a HDMI cable to a Sony 42” LCD TV. This in turn it attached to a Sony Home Theatre System DAV-DZ260 via an optical cable.

And the software/codecs I'm using, and I've tried quite a few let me tell you: Media player classic Home cinema 1.4.2499 (64bit), CoreAVC 2.0 Pro (for video), FFDshow (latest, can't remember the version) for Audio.

The problem I seem to get, from my layman point of view, is it seems my setup is trying to play multiple sound tracks at the same time. I get 2 FFD icons appear in the notification area (down the bottom right), one appearing to play a stereo soundtrack and the other a surround sound track. This causing mayhem with my play back, switching between sound tracks, distortion and crackling on loud sections, sends my home theater system bananas switching dolby setting on and off and even makes the screen dim occasionally as though the system is working hard on something.

It's really odd. I have sat in front of my setup playing with the settings for many hours but just can't seem to sort this out.

I've got no problem when the video is encoded using AC3, even with multiple sound tracks.

I'm stumped. Can anybody help me out please?

Big thanks,

Andy.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I merged your threads. Just bump/reply to your thread instead of creating a new one.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry dude. A bit new to all this.
    Quote Quote