VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I am unable to raise the volume levels on some m4v video files I have. Is there any software (free /paid) to give the files a +20db boost in volume levels without changing the format of the files.

Thanks in advance
    M
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Open the video with mediainfo and post the details, like what audio codec it contain. If aac you can use aacgain or for mp3 mp3gain. But you have to do it with several tools, extract the audio with yamb, boost the audio with aacgain, add back to the original video with yamb again.

Or if you just play on your computer try boost with ac3filter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Here is the snap of the details of the file type whose volume I need increased.

Click image for larger version

Name:	info_bourne_ultimatum.JPG
Views:	611
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	4209

I will try YamB.
    Thanks for the Suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I donot understand how to boost the volume of aac file using aacgain.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Download and install MP3Gain first, then DL and unzip AACGain.
    Copy and re-name aacgain.exe to mp3gain.exe, and move it into the MP3Gain folder, copying over the existing mp3gain.exe.
    That's it, now mp3gain should handle AAC's.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I did the installation as asked above now how do i proceed. I am a complete newbie to this. I've used goldwave to boost the audio of avi files. But interface is different, how do i proceed.

Edit
    It worked for mp3 files , but is not working for extracted aac file. I tried to apply constant gain of 12db to the extracted aac.
    Last edited by mandarpowale; 15th Nov 2010 at 11:51.
    Quote Quote