VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all,

not sure where to put this one. would like to take my dvd collection and rip to hard drive and play it on my ps3. would like to keep everthing in it's original format, exsample: menus's and everything else. any idea's.

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can't be done. The PS3 doesn't support DVD playback from the HDD with all features. If you want to go down that path then you need to look at some of the other media players which will support DVD playback form ISO files. That is the best solution for your needs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That won't be easy. The closest you could get is divx ultra which does allow menus but you won't be able to duplicate the original menus.

if you truly want everything original you have two real options - get a wdtv media player or something similar and rip to iso on the harddrives. Or stream to the ps3 from your computer (a direct wired connection - or through a wired router is best for stable video). But I'm not sure if you can stream a complete iso intact that would retain original menus.

But in truth your best bet is to go the iso route and get a media player that supports menus via iso. Otherwise you will have to convert the dvds to another format and that will take time to do depending on the number of dvds and the speed of your computer and the format you choose.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    To be blunt, the PS3 and Xbox have long been surpassed as media players or streamers by devices such as the WDTV for 2+ years now.
    Quote Quote