VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to do a Windows 7 Clean Install after having computer issues and a Repair Install did not fix the problems but I came to a step in the install I'm not sure about. Here's what I've done so far:

Ok I've ran Step 1 Only SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation and I'm back to the Windows 7 Setup screen:

I'm now on Step 7 on the Clean Install Tutorial Clean Install Windows 7 :

I have highlighted the hard drive I want to install Windows 7 on - "Disk 0 Unallocated Space (Total Size 698.6 GB and I want it all allocated to Disk 0) so do I now click on "New" or "Format" on that screen, or do I click "Next" and jump down to step 9?
    Last edited by mccoady; 13th Nov 2010 at 21:34.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just click next,windows will do the rest.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks I thought that's what the tutorial said to do but someone else told me I should first click on "New" select size and then click on "Format" so I wasn't sure, evidently by clicking on Next it must automatically format the drive even though it doesn't mention the fact.

Could you answer another question:

After the Clean Install which comes first installing iTunes followed by restoring my backed up iTunes Folder, or restoring my iTunes folder followed by installing iTunes?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Install itunes and then your backup folder.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like I've had problems restoring my iTunes Folder from a Carbonite online backup since I have a lot of duplicates, no Playlists and 2/3's of my library has no song info like artist, album, etc...I tried replacing just the iTunes Library .itl file from the backup but that didn't work (I'm having these problems on my desktop computer).

Update:
    I replaced the whole iTunes folder on my desktop with the one from my laptop and I'm back in business. Thanks!
    Last edited by mccoady; 19th Nov 2010 at 12:56.
    Quote Quote