VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    More and more Netflix is offering less on new releases and re-issues. I know they have a 28 day delay agreement with several major studios. But I see releases from August they don't have. TV shows that have been out for a year are not available. If this policy continues will people buy more new releases and rent less?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    If this policy continues will people buy more new releases and rent less?
    I don't plan to buy DVDs for personal use anymore. Only the occasional import that's not available via Netflix. And gifts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The value of Netflix is in the sheer volume and variety of titles available, not getting new releases. For $8 a month unlimited streaming there's no better deal on anything.

Check out a documentary from time to time and get some wizdom under the skullcap
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I use my netflix for streaming mostly. I don't have to watch the latest release. Here lately there is not much that's been released that I want to watch.

Cancelled my satellite subscription almost 2 years ago. All I have now is free OTA (works wonderful with my TivoHD) and netflix. Couldn't be happier. Don't miss the extra bill either.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  5. Netflix has STARZ for free, it's located on your streaming page. They have more recent films.

BTW, if you have a 2 disk plan you can have 2 streaming connections.

Note: They added some closed caption support for streaming for some stuff, try LOST season one to see it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I believe Netflix would like to eventually replace all rentals with streaming. My ISP is barely fast enough for streaming, but I do watch quite a few videos that way. And since I do have a Blu-ray player, I watch mostly those with my rental plan. It would take quite a bit more bandwidth to stream BD quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    I believe Netflix would like to eventually replace all rentals with streaming. My ISP is barely fast enough for streaming, but I do watch quite a few videos that way. And since I do have a Blu-ray player, I watch mostly those with my rental plan. It would take quite a bit more bandwidth to stream BD quality.
    I think so too. Canada has unlimited streaming for $7.99. Here in the USA I pay $8.99 and it includes 1 movie out at a time. I average 4 or 5 a month and I know that amounts to a lot more than $1.00 in postage alone...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    I think so too. Canada has unlimited streaming for $7.99. Here in the USA I pay $8.99 and it includes 1 movie out at a time. I average 4 or 5 a month and I know that amounts to a lot more than $1.00 in postage alone...
    In Canada, unlimited streaming without unlimited bandwidth isn't much use.
    Since the major players control the fibre, even the independent ISP who offer unlimited downloads are now going to be throttled or fleeced (as will their customers) because of the surcharges which will be imposed (with the co-operation of government) on them.
    Quote Quote