VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm looking for a simple guide that will show me how to set up a video streaming server that will produce a simple flash web page output that people can access. I am running a dedicated Linux server and I would like to stream from it with the output being a web stream.

I searched the guides section and couldn't find a simple process for creating a page with embedded live streaming video.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    That's a guide for streaming from a home box with VLC, what I need is the ability to create a web interface which will allow either myself or a different client to stream a live broadcast with a web output. And I need a simple process, not one that labels itself as 'sophisticated'.

I would consider a working red5 walkthrough with a web client and a web output with good quality to be acceptable, because their support, faqs, and demos are confusing to me. Thank you for your help in advance
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you checked http://flowplayer.org/tutorials/index.html ? And search the forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no simple guide. You can't do it locally unless you have a webserver, domain, and static IP.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I have a webserver, domain and a static IP. I've looked all over, all I really want is a step-by-step process guide that uses practical language
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use Flowplayer. Their website is full of easy to understand documentation.
    Quote Quote