VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possibile to use VirtualDub to see 3d anaglyphs obtained from realtime 3d capture?
    I have a 3d side-by-side video broadcasted on TV; I'd like to capture this video and, in real time, have it turned into red/blue anaglyph. I can't figure out how to enable frame-serving in VD while capture,maybe it is not possible?
    If not, does it exist a VD filter which turns a side-by-side video into an anaglyph video?
    Last edited by jumpjack; 14th Feb 2011 at 09:47.
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    An easier solution would be to use AviSynth from inside ffdshow, if realtime processing is your goal. Creating anaglyph from side by side is trivial using AviSynth's built-in functions:
    Code:
    a = ConvertToRGB()
    l = a.Crop(0,0,Floor(a.width/2),a.height)
    r = a.Crop(Floor(a.width/2),0,Floor(a.width/2),a.height)
    return MergeRGB(l.ShowRed(), r.ShowGreen(), r.ShowBlue())
    The above is for left-right side by side to red/cyan anaglyph.
    Last edited by mufunyo; 14th Feb 2011 at 11:42.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting, could you please be more specific?
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mufunyo View Post
    An easier solution would be to use AviSynth from inside ffdshow, if realtime processing is your goal. Creating anaglyph from side by side is trivial using AviSynth's built-in functions:
    Code:
    a = ConvertToRGB()
    How do I specify realtime source in this script? Leaving it as is raises an error on first line (invalid arguments)
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You could use graphedit to create a streaming/capture graph, and then load the *.grf file in AVISynth. (jagabo had a previous example of using graphedit as a source/destination)

BTW, I seriously think you SHOULD NOT capture direct to Anaglyph. If you do, you original copy will forever be stuck color-limited with few subsequent conversion options, should you ever upgrade down the road.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    You could use graphedit to create a streaming/capture graph, and then load the *.grf file in AVISynth. (jagabo had a previous example of using graphedit as a source/destination)

BTW, I seriously think you SHOULD NOT capture direct to Anaglyph. If you do, you original copy will forever be stuck color-limited with few subsequent conversion options, should you ever upgrade down the road.

Scott
    Thanks.
    I don't want to record, I just want to view live 3d events.
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I guess I misunderstood. Most times when I hear "capture", that brings to mind "keeping" it (aka recording).

If you're just streaming something from the web, Stereoscopic Player can use a URL as a source.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jumpjack View Post
    Originally Posted by mufunyo View Post
    Code:
    a = ConvertToRGB()
    How do I specify realtime source in this script? Leaving it as is raises an error on first line (invalid arguments)
    I think you would open the capture device in your media player. Make sure ffdshow is set as your decoder for the video (mpeg 2?). Then the video from the cap will automatically be passed to the AviSynth script.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll try to explain better:
    I have a capture card which receives a side-by-side 3d video from an external sat decoder.
    I want to view it live in anaglyph.

Now I successfully did it with graphedit, but now I'd like to see it in VLC, MediaPlayer Classic or other players. The script above does not work due to syntax error in first line; so how do I connect Avisynth to Graphedit?
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/318788-software-video-switcher-quad?highlight=graphedit+avisynth has an example of using a capture graph and plugging that into an AVS script. There was a seeking problem with that particular script, but I don't think you'd have that problem using OVERLAY() etc.
    Then run that AVS in MPC. VLC, etc.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    This thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/318788-software-video-switcher-quad?highlight=graphedit+avisynth has an example of using a capture graph and plugging that into an AVS script. There was a seeking problem with that particular script, but I don't think you'd have that problem using OVERLAY() etc.
    Then run that AVS in MPC. VLC, etc.

Scott
    After reading that thread, I still miss same thing: first line in avisynt script.
    How do I conenct avisynth to graphedit?
    I can't use vid = AVISource("input.avi") or similar, as I do not have an output file from graphedit!
    -- Jumpjack --
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From GraphEdit, save your graph as a .grf file, eg "capture.grf".
    Then add this as the first line in your Avisynth script to open it:
    DirectShowSource("capture.grf", audio=false, fps=29.97, framecount=99999)

If necessary, change the fps value to match the framerate of your source.
    The framecount=99999 is an arbitrary value as Avisynth needs to know in advance how many frames there are.
    Just make this larger than the number of frames you want to watch.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What the hell? When I wrote "Avisynth inside ffdshow", I meant this:

Not saving a graph from GraphEdit and loading that in Avisynth.
    "I can wire anything directly into anything!" - Professor Farnsworth
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by mufunyo View Post
    What the hell? When I wrote "Avisynth inside ffdshow", I meant this:

Not saving a graph from GraphEdit and loading that in Avisynth.
    Yes, I tried to point that out in post 10:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/328124-%5Bsolved%5D3d-side-by-side-capture-and-conv...=1#post2071056

But one has to get ffdshow into the filter chain which may not be possible with a raw YUY2 capture device.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    But one has to get ffdshow into the filter chain which may not be possible with a raw YUY2 capture device.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Cool! Now if only I could get AVS to work withing ffdshow. It always crashes when I enable it. Even with some thing simple like Invert(). But there's currently something wrong with AviSynth on this computer. I can't play an AVS file with any media player. But that's another problem...
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Cool! Now if only I could get AVS to work withing ffdshow. It always crashes when I enable it. Even with some thing simple like Invert(). But there's currently something wrong with AviSynth on this computer. I can't play an AVS file with any media player. But that's another problem...
    Which version are you using? I'm using AviSynth 2.5.8 in combination with the latest ffdshow and it works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm using 2.5.8 mt. There's just something wrong on this computer. I used to be able to open AVS files in media players but it stopped working a few months ago. I can still open them in VirtualDub, x264, HcEnc, etc. I probably just have to uninstall and reinstall it. It just hasn't been a priority.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    jagabo, 32-bit vs 64-bit?
    Quote Quote  
  20. The computer with the problem is XP Pro 32 bit. With 32 bit software only, obviously. If I try to open an AVS script with MPCHC the program says "Opening..." on the status line and just sits there, hogging up CPU cycles. The menus still pull down but nothing happens when an item is chosen -- except for File -> Exit. If I close the program the window disappears but the program can still be seen in Task Manager, still hogging CPU cycles. I have to kill it from Task Manager. VLC shows that it's opening the file but then does nothing. At least it isn't hogging up CPU cycles and I can still open other files or close the program properly.

It looks like it may be related to a plugin. After renaming the plugins folder simple scripts are playing. Grrr.

<edit>

OK, I tracked it down: FFAviSource.AVSI and FFAviSource.dll were the cause of the problem. Deleted them and now I can play AVS files again.

</edit>
    Last edited by jagabo; 13th Apr 2011 at 20:41.
    Quote Quote