VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got a few really poorly authored discs from China that just cause my DVD drive, and almost every other drive, to choke. It gets as far as reading the contents and sometimes playing a minute or so but no further. I have to manually eject the disc it's so bad. Believe it or not this isn't pirated content but legit content, Chinese movies and music, just on REALLY crappy media. So the question is, are there tools out there that might allow me to salvage these kinds of discs? Something that would attempt to read bad regions multiple times for example till it got it correct?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ISOpuzzle, ISOBuster are a couple to try. The drive you use makes a difference too. Some drives are better with marginal media.
    Quote Quote  
  3. My wife is from Thailand and we have had the same issue with some of her VCD's/DVD's. I've always used CDRoller to great effect. If you opt for this softwatre, be aware to turn off the item 'Always Use Drive Capabilities' in the preferences. This will allow CDRoller to control the drive to best effect. It can take a long time to recover the content for a full DVD, but I usually leave it running overnight or while I'm at work. I should say it's about 85% effective at a full recovery.
    Quote Quote