VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. At this website:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/the-confessions/?utm_campaign=homepage&utm_med...ource=bigimage

there is a very interesting 1.5 hour Frontline streaming program (called The Confessions) that I can watch. I was wondering if someone could take a look at the website and tell me what (free) software can be used to capture the stream into a file. Before you say, "try this and this software", let me say that I am on somebody else's computer and I am not free to experiment with a lot of software. Therefore I would appreciate if someone can "do this legwork" for me and let me know what software will actually work.
    Thanks.
    PS. If you watch this particular episode, you won't be disappointed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It looks like StreamTransport will download the video. I say "looks like" because it is currently downloading the file and it will take over an hour to complete. So I can't verify the entire video will be downloaded. But I can watch the part of the FLV that has downloaded and it looks fine.

<edit>

The entire show was downloaded.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Nov 2010 at 16:18.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't noticed Frontline in the listings for awhile. (But maybe I need to pay closer attention . . . ? ) The local PBS used to run it back to back with Independent Lens, another good docu series.

Edit: This program is on our local PBS station -- this evening (11/12), then repeated in the early morning hours Sat. & Sun.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 12th Nov 2010 at 10:14.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote