VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, sorry if this question has been posted previously - I did check but couldn't find any with this particular problem.
    Anyway, been using ABS9 to burn CD's - great, nothing simpler. However, every time I try to create a DVD from either .AVI or .MPEG files, I keep getting the error message - "File format might not be supported". So I tell it, "Well, OK, just give it a try!" But it doesn't.
    The advertising info on this software states -"Simply select the files you want to place on the disk, select the navigation menu format and start burning. All the usual medioformaty are supported (WMV, AVI, MPEG, ASF, etc.), converts them automatically." Really? Well it flippin' well doesn't!
    I contacted Ashampoo with this problem, and they sent me an updated ABS9 download and guess what? It still doesn't like .AVI or .MPEG's.
    Can anyone offer advice please. I know there are other DVD burning softwares out there, some free, but would prefer to get this problem sorted as Ashampoo Burning Studio is so simple to use.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, being simple to use, I believe, should rate lower down the list than things like quality, reliability and quality (yep, I said quality twice - three times actually). And if it doesn't work at all, then being simple to use means nothing.

I would recommend AVStoDVD or DVD Flick for your conversions, and Imgburn for your burning. All free, all pretty easy to use, and all reliable in what they do. They are also well supported - the author of AVStoDVD often answers questions directly in these forums.

However if you are wed to Ashampoo, best of luck with their support people.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote