VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

I'm in process of converting my Bluray collection to 1080p mkv files to be stored on my NAS and so far it has been going pretty well
    I've managed to decrypt all my Blurays and have dumped all files from disc to the harddrive. For conversion process I'm using latest compiled Handbrake from SVN on my Linux machine. Now to the issue...

When selecting the biggest m2ts files on some Blurays (such as Star Trek Zero/X) as source Handbrake does it scanning and then just stops after few seconds like it does not detect any streams(?) To come around this issue I demux the file in tsMuxeR to .ts and use that file as input in Handbrake, which works - video stream is detected as well as audio. The issue I experience then is that audio source is not longer in DTS/TRUE-HD but in 640kbit AC3 which kind of sucks.

Is there any way of making Handbrake load the original m2ts file (what is the problem here?) OR demux and keep original audio and video for usage in Handbrake?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Dunno about Handbrake, but will it accept playlist files? That is, identify the main movie playlist file (*.mpls) with BDinfo and load it into Handbrake. This should load all tracks associated with the main movie, again, assuming it accepts playlists.

You can extract all streams with Clown_BD, and specify it demux the audio "as-is", or "core" audio.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Handbrake does not accept playlist files, but I'll try with Clown_BD and see if it helps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've used Clown_BD and resulting file still only contains 640kbit AC3 audio.

Input: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48kHz
    Output Audio Format: Unconverted
    Movie Output Format: Blu-ray
    Quote Quote