VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All ,

I have DVB Card Tevii S420 and using ProgDVB as my DVB viewer , I record videos from channels as MPEG or TS [NOT HD at Common]

Want to know how to edit and convert those files to Avi and MKV as same as famous scene groups do liki LOL,FQM and 2HD

I care about good quality with good size and what is better to use MKV or Avi

If there any specific codecs i should use at ProgDVB to get best video it will be great to guide me

I tried to use Search but i got lost and couldn't put hand on what i want

Now using Avidemux 2.5 to convert and edit my videos

Thanks for your time and waiting your help..
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    MeGUI and use high quality h264/x264 profile. But forget any superb quality if you don't record in hd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    MeGUI and use high quality h264/x264 profile. But forget any superb quality if you don't record in hd.
    I know that i will not get a "Superb" quality from Non-HD channels , all i need is the best quality i can get from the original file with good size

So you advice me to save my files as MKV instead of Avi ??

And i found TV releases 350MB is great cuz they originally encoded from HD Channels , Right ??

Also at Avidemux 2.5 i am using Crop to remove black lines from top and bottom of video and removing commercials....

Sorry for lot of question but i am new to all this ....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Video sample recorded by ProgDVB

http://mir.cr/0KGCRKW0
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried this tutorial but the video size is the same as the original file ?!
    Quote Quote