VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i have 30 over or so pretty nice HD mkv files and i want to convert them to avi so i can watch on my DVD player. I googled for hours until i finally come across a seemingly pretty neat gem Xvid4PSP. So i downloaded that and after much struggling, finally manage to produce one avi file only it has no sound!! Ok, fine, so after googling around for a couple more hours i finally manage to get myself mkv merge, mkv extract and a really neat program called the avi-mux. I extracted the sound and subtitle files through mkv extract, extracted the video file through mkv merge, then i converted the video file using Xvid4PSP 6.0 using the Lossless Preset and after 4 hours of waiting, a prefectly flawless and soundless avi file is produced. YEAH! Then i merged the subtitle file and the audio file with the avi file using avi-mux and ta dah! IT MOTHERFVCKINGLY WORKED!!!!!!

But here's the devastating part. I loaded the file to my USB drive and tried it on my LG divx player and that damn thing said it is a non supported file!!! I tried it on my other DVD player - a brandless, cheap product that works just as well as the LG's one, and it won't play!!!

What the fvck should i do??????
    I thought it was the audio or subs prob at first so i tried using the soundless avi file on BOTH DVD players and it still won't do! I tried opening the soundless avi file using virtualdub and it worked! So what the MOTHERFVCKING HELL is the problem here!!!
    Please help? Please Please Please Please Please help!?!?!?!?!?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Max size for DVD players is 720x480. Check player manual for max bit rate.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By a media player like the WDTV, and 1 TB USB HDD, and you won't have to convert and degrade the files
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i don't have the manual with me! I didn't even buy that thing! But the LG one said it supports 1080p blue ray! What do i do. How do i convert the dimensions of my video to 740x480???
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The only thing we know for certain is that your LG player has a USB port. Spin that player around....get the model number...Google the specs for that player and it will tell you what kind of files it can play. Without doing that you are searching for a needle in a haystack.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    vampypiano, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A DVD player that upscales to 1080p does not necessarily play anything that is higher resolution than standard definition (in fact most will not), and a DVD player cannot play BluRay discs because a completely different laser is required to do this, as well as different decoders etc. So if you LG is a DVD player with 1080p output through upscaling and Divx playback, then most likely it will play DVDs and SD divx files, and may upscale some of them to 1080p over HDMI. And that's all it will do.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. How to I convert my 1280x720 mkv to that standard definition that my dvd player requires? I don't want to lose too much quality though. Does anyone knows? Please help???

P.S. Sorry mod, will do so in the future
    Quote Quote