VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have upgraded to SONY Movie Studio Platinum 10 (from SONY MS 9) and have had a problem with the rendering process. I captured a PAL HDV camera clip at 1440 x 1080 and edited it successfully, as usual. However when I came to render it, using the save as ‘Mainconcept MPEG 2’ selection and the Blu-Ray 1440x1080-50i 25Mbps template the resultant file had no audio!!
    I don't believe I had this problem in Movie Studio 9. After much mental gymnastics I decided to do a custom template and name it after the camera I was using. This was something I vaguely remember Bill Myers doing in one of his DVD’s. I was surprised to see that on the Audio tab of the ‘Custom’ template that the ‘Include audio stream’ box was not ticked by default. Well after ticking it and saving the template I was able to do a normal render with audio included. It seems strange to me that I had to do this, and wonder if there is a setting somewhere that would preclude me having to create such a custom template?? Who would normally want to render a movie without the sound?
    Any help you could offer would be much appreciated, thank-you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EagleW View Post
    I have upgraded to SONY Movie Studio Platinum 10 (from SONY MS 9) and have had a problem with the rendering process. I captured a PAL HDV camera clip at 1440 x 1080 and edited it successfully, as usual. However when I came to render it, using the save as ‘Mainconcept MPEG 2’ selection and the Blu-Ray 1440x1080-50i 25Mbps template the resultant file had no audio!!
    I don't believe I had this problem in Movie Studio 9. After much mental gymnastics I decided to do a custom template and name it after the camera I was using. This was something I vaguely remember Bill Myers doing in one of his DVD’s. I was surprised to see that on the Audio tab of the ‘Custom’ template that the ‘Include audio stream’ box was not ticked by default. Well after ticking it and saving the template I was able to do a normal render with audio included. It seems strange to me that I had to do this, and wonder if there is a setting somewhere that would preclude me having to create such a custom template?? Who would normally want to render a movie without the sound?
    Any help you could offer would be much appreciated, thank-you.
    Normal practice is to carry separate elementary streams into a DVD or Blu-Ray authoring program but I agree they should have warned you if you intend a program stream.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After you change a template you can save it for future use. Just type in a new name and edit the "info box" if you want then click the little "save as" icon.

You can delete them too, but not the default templates.

NOTE: If you use the BD templates, those need an authoring app like edDV said. But you CAN make an AVCHD disk to play in a BD player if you render to the Sony AVC templates, and those WILL put the audio/video together.
    Last edited by budwzr; 4th Nov 2010 at 17:38.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I should also point out that when I want to render for Blu-ray and I choose to click the 'Make movie' button instead of 'render as' menu selection it goes through the processes and you see it rendering. Then it asks do you want to go to DVD Architech and I just click finish it puts rendered video and audio files on my allocated 'video drive'. I can then can start DVD Architech and import the video file and it brings across the audio file as you would expect, no problems. This is not the case when I use the 'Render As' method mentioned in my first post. My question is if I choose 'Render As' should the video and audio files be saved in the same location ready for me to use in an authoring program????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you were using some kind of wizard?
    Quote Quote