VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Sony mini DVD camcorder and I need to cut out about 5 minutes of video and burn that to a dvd for someone. What/how is the best way to do this in Windows 7? It has been years since I did this and I think I used TMPgenc to do it back then. I think the last time I did it, still back in the Windows XP days, was to used something to rip the dvd to the hd and then I used Virtual Dub to rip it out.

Are there any freeware solutions to do it with? If not, then what is the best solution?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Shrink is possibly the easiest method.

Open the disc in Shrink, click re-author, and drag the title that the clip is in form the right to left hand pane.

Right-click on the title and select Set Start and End Points, then isolate the clip you want to keep. Click OK.

Click on Backup, and save the results to a folder. Shrink will give you a DVD structure ready for burning.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. in addition with guns1inger,
    DVDShrink is the best choice, why?
    DVDShrink will offer a choice of compressed or un-compressed, if required.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the tips. Wow! That was easy. Now that I got it cut and ripped, I burned it using ConvertXtoDVD3 and seems like I have an audio issue in the middle of the video clip. Beginning of it is good, but in the middle it sounds like it is stuttering really bad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why did you use ConvertXtoDVD ? The results of Shrink, if used correctly, should have been a compliant DVD structure, including a Video_TS folder. Just load this into Imgburn and burn your DVD. No need for ConvertXtoDVD at all in this process.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yeah, not thinking there. I am so use to using ConvertXtDVD with all my other burning that was just the first thing I tried. Got Imgburn installed and totally forgot about.
    Quote Quote