VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was wondering if there was any way to convert subtitles in mkv's without having to work on every single file individually. Currently I have to:
    -open each file with mkvextractgui,
    -choose track 4(subtitle track),
    -press extract,
    -open up subtitle conversion utility and convert it to srt.
    -use rename utility to delete the "_track4" appended to the name
    I dont really need to merge it back into the file but it is frustrating to have to do those steps for the hundreds of files I have. SRT's are the only universally used subtitle format for many media players (and specifically android) so I was wondering if anyone set up a more efficient system. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi! i am having the same issue, and i have found MKVcleave and all my output files are empty. I was wondering if there was a way for someone to write a batch file that could read the files in a fold then extract all of the subtitles from the mkv files. I found one once but can't seem to find the same link anymore. Some times i wish the internet wasn't so fluid >.< But i digress.

I have all of the proper utility programs. And have converted all of the Mkv's to Avi All i need is the subs from the mkv's
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try mkvcleaver 5.01,i found 5.02 wasn't extracting any srts.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks johns0! I was looking for an MKV batch extractor and MKVcleaver is really, really great!
    Quote Quote