VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm new in this forums, but I've already been visiting VideoHelp.com for a long time downloading codecs and video editing softwares that I need.

I just recently started doing DVD subbing. I'm pretty much new to DVD authoring, although I learned about the general idea of subbing and compiling video files (I thought MKV container is kinda complicated to use, but it's kinda simpler than I thought it would, thanks to this site, of course).

Let me get straight to the point: is there a way to make a DVD sub that has some subtitle lines to be displayed in a vertical orientation?

Subtitle workshop and MaestroSBT can only edit/arrange subtitles in a horizontal position, and I don't know any softwares that let me display subtitles in a vertical orientation. Or should I "hardsub" some vertically-oriented subtitle lines, while I leave some horizontally-oriented subtitle lines as a softsub?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by djash1983 View Post
    Subtitle workshop and MaestroSBT can only edit/arrange subtitles in a horizontal position, and I don't know any softwares that let me display subtitles in a vertical orientation.
    I don't use Subtitle Workshop, but you're wrong about MaestroSBT:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MaestroSBT.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	4029  

Quote Quote