VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's an LG 42" 720p 600Hz Plasma HDTV** (42PJ550).

The price on these is really good, but I'm worried about images burning into the screen because I play a lot of video games. Is this a concern anymore with plasmas? The picture on this seems better than comparable LCD TVs. Thanks for any help or tip you can give me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's not a concern cause games have built in things that prevent it from happening. So does that TV. I have that model in a 42" size.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Newer LED backlighted TVs are pretty good. Plasma is OK, but they are heavy compared to LCD types and consume a lot more power. It's difficult to compare those types in a store as the sales persons tend to spend a bit more time setting up the more expensive sets as they get a bigger commission from the sale. I would read as many reviews as you can find for a particular model before you make a final decision.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    handyguy, what are the pro and cons your experienced with the TV? I know they're heavier, but nothing could be as heavy as my current CRT TV! Would you consider it a worthwhile purchase? What about buying extended warranty's? Yes or no?
    Quote Quote  
  5. My 42" plasma weighs just 44lbs with base on it. My 26" CRT weighed 105lbs. My power bill dropped 20% & it's like 2" thick or so. Weird, but that's how it is.

LG has a nice chat function you can chat with techs too on their website.

There are plenty of reviews & it does SD really nice compared to LCDs. It has a game mode so Xbox 360 looks real nice.
    Quote Quote