VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I foolishly installed this new version which doesn't work. Uninstalling seems to work but seems to prevent reinstall of older versions. It seems there's some registry setting which isn't cleared on uninstall and even though a reinstall of version 38 reports as successful - the program still fails to start.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sorry, but your link just points to another complaint - not a solution!
    Quote Quote  
  3. This is NOW fixed ... version 41 has been released
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    awful program, switch to xmedia recode and use ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also installed the two latest updates, both 39 and 41. Fortunately, I didn't have the problems that have been reported here and on other web sites but I did notice a significant increase in conversion time with both build 39 and 41, so I decided to go back to the 5/2/10 version. But for some reason that version, although apparently installing successfully, will not open. At first I thought it was just that version so I tried several other older version but with the same results. Looks like the programmer(s) has put something in the registry to prevent using older versions of the software. Really can't imagine why that would be done. I like Super very much and have used the program for three or four years but I don't like the program leaving things in the registry to prevent me from using an older version of the program if I choose to do so. If this is an indication of future practices, then I may have to find another video converter. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed increased conversion time with builds 39 and 41? I'm using a custom built computer with a quadcore AMD CPU running at 2.8 Ghz.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like to use Revo uninstaller before I install a new version of just about anything. It will hunt down rogue and difficult to remove registry entries. This worked perfect for version 39 removal. I am going to try version 41 when I have some free time. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi sum_guy. After reading your post, I decided to try Revo uninstaller but it did not solve the problem. I removed build 41 with it but I still could not get earlier versions to open after installing them. I hate to part company with Super as I really like the program but if they're going to be telling us what version of the program we can use (in addition to the slowness of this latest build), then I think I'm going to look seriously at other conversion programs. I've already tried XMedia Recode with excellent results. Video quality is equal to Super and it is faster, so that may be the route I go unless something changes with Super. Thanks for you post about Revo uninstaller. I've added it to my folder of system maintenance tools.
    Quote Quote