VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know this is probably a rather over asked question, but I did do a search on "prohibited to play under CSS" and got quite a bit of info but it all doesn't make sense to me. Obviously not a techie person.
    In short, I bought six DVD's today from a Flea Market and not one of them will play on my DVD player (see brand in Title line). The above message "Prohibited..." comes up and my player spits out the DVD.
    I did try to understand the other threads but would just appreciate if someone could explain to me exactly what this issue is about. I understand the disks are bootlegged. A friend took me there and I guess I am a little... .... naive but I didn't know I was going to have such a problem with them. They play on his DVD ...? Is it my player? Is there something I can actually do to fix this, via my player or on the computer?
    If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First off your DVD player may be mistaking transcription errors on the dvds for being prohibited copy protection. These dvds could also be in PAL and could possibly yield an error message. My suggestion is to search for a region unlock code for your dvd player, secondly if that fails you might try making a backup of the disc and try playing that.
    Quote Quote