VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to convert MKV files to AVCHD for playback on my PS3. Somehow the subtitles do not disappear but stay until the next subtitle comes on. I have scanned to forum and see there are other threads but no solution. Any work around for this ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open the mkv with mkvextractgui and pull out the subs. Depending on the type of subtitle, open them in an appropriate subtitle editor, and look at the timings. Chances are the fault lies with the subs in the mkv file.

Otherwise, try AVCHD for muxing to AVCHD format and see if you get better results.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thnx for the fast reply. The problem occurs for all subtitles, also when I convert them from PGS to SRT using SupRip. Seems to be a tsMuxer problem. Not sure how to use multiAVCHD, will give it a try. Are you aware of alternatives to tsMuxer ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have tried with multiAVCHD, same problem. Subtitles stay on until next subtitle comes up. Does anyone have ideas on how to tackle this problem ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you looked at the actual timings in the subtitle file ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I compared the timing of the subtitles of the original MKV file - where it works fine in VLC - and the new AVCHD stream. Seems to be OK - see below - so this makes it even more unclear why the player misses the timecodes. This is the case both with VLC and on the PS3. Any ideas ?

MKV original
    00:02:10,965 --> 00:02:16,256
    Dat kunnen jullie me niet aandoen.
    Wat zeg ik tegen Della?

00:02:37,242 --> 00:02:40,077
    Wat heeft hij je beloofd? Zijn hart?

AVCHD (Demuxed with tsMuxer and input in SupRip)
    00:02:10,964 --> 00:02:16,260
    Line 15

00:02:37,240 --> 00:02:40,075
    Line 16
    Quote Quote