VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Amazon seems to be the only one who has it in the U.S. I went to all the retail outlets in town and no one has it. You can't rent it as it's subject to the 28 day rental blackout. Even ebay doesn't have it,the only copies I found on ebay was the U.K. release for future shipment.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Amazon doesn't have Alien on Blu Ray by itself. It is only part of the Alien Anthology boxed set. This set just came out this week. Wait a couple of months and I'm sure each one will be sold individually.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wasn't clear as I was referring to the Blue Ray Set of all four movies. I've noticed several comments about problems with the set. Incorrect AR and black bars,problems playing the director's cut on the movies. I begin to wonder if there might be authoring errors on the set.
    Quote Quote  
  4. D
    I wasn't clear as I was referring to the Blue Ray Set of all four movies. I've noticed several comments about problems with the set. Incorrect AR and black bars,problems playing the director's cut on the movies. I begin to wonder if there might be authoring errors on the set.
    Doubtful if there are errors. Incompatibilities with certain players? Yes
    Quote Quote  
  5. This review does mention some aspect ratio problems when playing parts of the set, and concludes it's a player problem, as videopoo speculated. You might look around soon for a firmware upgrade for yours.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviewshd/bdreviews102210.html#ali
    Quote Quote