Now, I'm trying to remove hard subtitles.
My idea is to apply some blur over the hard subs only when there is a soft sub to overlap it. For that, I'll use the SRT file and get the times from it. How? Using Delphi I could write a small program to convert time to frame number.
There is a good plugin for Vdub called RegionRemove. It's fine, but just for short movies. Using it, I can set the list of frames and the plugin act only in that list. The problem is that the limit of the list. I tryed to put in the listbox all the frames I need to cover, but it accepted less than 100 lines...
How to solve it?
I think there is another way, writing a Avisynth script to make the same, or even look like RegionRemove.
Where the list of frames I can get from my small program. I'm improving the program to write also the parts where there are no subs to overlap. The script above is just a draft and it will also be improved later. This thread is to ask some other way to blur the hard sub with less harm to the original video.Code:Mpeg2Source("Untitled.d2v") v = Trim(1000,1300) ++\ Trim(4600,4700)++\ Trim(4800,4900)++\ Trim(5000,5100)++\ Trim(6000,6100)++\ Trim(7000,7100)++\ Trim(8000,8100)++\ Trim(9400,9500) blur=Crop(v,100,380,-100,80).BilinearResize(30,6).BilinearResize(520,80) Overlay(v,blur,100,380)
Samples from the movie Electra, greek filme, 1962.
As you see, RegionRemove had made a better job than my crop-resize script. Is there another way to write the script to get better results? Also to treat the borders. Borders at my script are too hard and visible...
I did not test yet, but Avisinth script can accept around 2000 lines of trim, resize and crop functions? It would degrade the processing?
Another question is if you guys know a way to override the limit of the listbox of the RegionRemove plugin.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Last edited by jairovital; 26th Oct 2010 at 10:30.Thank you.
It's a compromise, none of the tools produce results that you could call good.
I tried the logo filter in FFDshow (ffvdub.vdf) .
The MSU subtitle remover has on and off, based on a first pass "detection" phase, in which it keeps
track of the frames involved. I had no luck with it - have you tried it ?
Last edited by davexnet; 26th Oct 2010 at 13:45. Reason: new info
davexnet, I say thank you!
I've already knew about MSU SubtitleRemover. Some time ago I run tests with it and I couldn't reach good results and I gave up.
Now, using a black and white movie, maybe it is easier to the plugin detect the subtitles, and because you recall it for me, I got the results I'm posting below. See by yourself and tell me something:
msu2 -> subs removed
msu3 -> original subs
I could notice that the plugin has some kind of problem when you change the parameters many times. It cannot detect subtitles anymore. I have to open again the video or even quit Vdub and try once more.
The ffvdub you post, I haven't knew it, but the logoaway it uses is the same of logoaway.vdf standalone plugin I use. And the results are the same.
Man, thank you for guiding me back to the right tool: MSU SubtitleRemover