VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, I'm currently using Subtitle Workshop suggestions about other apps are welcome

My problem is that i got 2 .srt files for the same episode but with different language and amount of sentences. I've tried to synchronize one using the other file but it didnt work that good.

My steps:
    Set start and end time for speeken dialogs and adjusted it, this worked great.
    And also "adjusted to synchronized subtitles" which didnt seem to alter the file at all, even if i chosed the file that had the right time intervalls. I tried to mark all of the sentences and then use the function, but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by scept View Post
    And also "adjusted to synchronized subtitles" which didnt seem to alter the file at all,

Yes, they do the same thing really:
    2.2.3 Method 3: adjust to synchronized subtitles
    Useful if you have desynchronized subtitles in one language and want to quickly adjust them to an already adjusted subtitle file in another language. This method will work even if both files have a different number of subtitles, the only requirement for proper adjustment is that first and last subtitles in both files correspond - that is, mean the same

Any suggestions?
    You may try:

2.6 Read times from file
    Useful if you have one subtitle file in which the text of each subtitle is right but the timings are not, and you have another file with the same number of subtitles and with the right times. You just have to load the file with the right texts, and then click the "Edit/Timings/Read timings from file" menu

Have you read the manual?
    It explains the many features for adjusting time.

PS -- I use version 2.51, the new version 4 is quite different.
    Last edited by AlanHK; 24th Oct 2010 at 04:50.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry that I didn't clarify it, but the number of subtitles/number of sentences in the files, aren't the same amount.

I read the parts in the manual that I thought made sence, I might re-read it once again, I'm not that good in english language
    Last edited by scept; 24th Oct 2010 at 08:32.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it "worked great", what is your problem then?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    If it "worked great", what is your problem then?
    Oh, I meant it worked much greater than before, thanks for reply its solved by downloading other synched subtitles!
    Quote Quote