VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hey everyone - can this machine transfer from tape to disc or does that not exist?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think so. That appears to be just a VHS and DVD player, though it may also be a VHS recorder. Even so, all in one units won't copy commercial tapes to DVD or commercial DVDs to VHS tape because of copyright protection limitations.

You can use a DVD recorder to back up non-commercial VHS tapes, but the results may not be good. Because VHS is analog, there are problems backing up tapes to digital formats, such as DVD, unless the VHS unit has some form of stabilization as in a TBC (Time Base Corrector) that will clean up the VHS signal. Commercial VHS tapes are also usually copyright protected.

And Janowski, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.

Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz

And welcome our forums
    Last edited by redwudz; 18th Oct 2010 at 11:40.
    Quote Quote  
  3. PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I must have searched and got the wrong model. But the copyright protection problem still exists with commercial tapes and discs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks guys - does the analog mean that the transfer would take a while to compress?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Janoski
    If your are speaking of commercial tapes that may very well have CP
    That Machine, I would say No
    Do you have a VHS player or can get one [6 heads are not necessary or needed] There are DVD units that will record anything And do not require any PC, box, TBC, or software
    Quote Quote