VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone,

The orginal file size is 2.2gb 840x524. I used virtual dub to get it down to 1.45GB using H264 compression , but it saves the audio in PCM
    and when I went to upload it, it got stuck at 89%. I'm guessing it's because of the PCM audio. But yet I'm not sure.

So instead of having an issue again by uploading a PCM audio, I'd rather just convert it to MP3 so I don't waste hours for upload.

I do want good quality. I would also like to get it down to 1.6-1.8gb (up to 2gb if need be. Youtube accepts up to 2gb) and rez it up to 720p if that's possible. Is there a software that can do this?

Any help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by rocketman122 View Post
    Hello everyone,

The orginal file size is 2.2gb 840x524. I used virtual dub to get it down to 1.45GB using H264 compression , but it saves the audio in PCM
    Download and install Lame ACM. Then compress the audio along with the video in VirtualDub.

Audio -> Full Processing Mode
    Audio -> Compression... Lame MP3...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    HA! Bravo! thank you for that. Converting now. Is there a bonus/brownie point system, or a best answer system on VH.ORG?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You're welcome. By the way, if you have already compressed the video you can start with that file and compress just the audio with VirtualDub:

File -> Open Video File
    Video -> Direct Stream Copy
    File -> Save as AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I'm bringing this back because I'm having issues with any other file I'm trying to convert. Basically I can't upload PCM to youtube. And I need to downsize my 2.12gb fraps file down to 1.9 while keeping the quality as high as possible. If I do this:

File -> Open Video File
    Video -> Direct Stream Copy
    File -> Save as AVI.

The file is much larger than original. All I want to do is downsize it to 1.9gb, and change the pcm audio to a good quality mp3 while keeping the quality as high as possible.

I've tried different compressions and most are too small and some are to big. I want to hit 1.9gb exactly. I also tried to play around in premier pro cs4 with export media and different formats like MSavi, or H264 mp4 mpeg2, I tried them all but to no avail, it's either too small or too big. And the quality is horrendous. Even comparing the orginal to all of the APP files clearly shows a big loss in quality. Virtualdub was better but it lost a lot of contrast in all files. It also takes forever in APP, and the quality is junk, so what's the point to use that?

Why is this so hard to do? I just want to remove the pcm and downsize it to 1.9gb while keeping the quality as high as possible. I only need to remove 112mb. That shouldn't be enough to make the video look so bad.
    Any help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Be careful how you compare before and after results. Media players use Video Overlay to display video files. Video Overlay has separate video proc amp controls (brightness, contrast, gamma, color, hue) than the Desktop. But only one player can use Video Overlay at a time. If you use two media players side by side to view videos one player will end up using Video Overlay, the other the Desktop. They may look very different depending on your DeskTop and Video Overlay color settings.

The sequence you listed for VirtualDub should not have increased the file size. I suspect you forget to select Video -> Direct Stream Copy.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss8/osterit005/?action=view&current=baa.jpg
    It was 2.09GB when done. I don't remember why the first one went good, but nothing after has worked for me. I chose lame at 256abr stereo. is that ok?
    I didn't know about the color settings so good to know, but also there's a lot more artifacts and pixaling added when going through APP. with VD almost none but the same but missing contrast and some saturation. why the heck does APP take so long yet can't convert it better than VD?

I need it downsized to around 1.9gb. Youtube accept up to 2.0gb and I don't want to take a chance by uploading 2gb and then get a fail.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by rocketman122; 2nd Nov 2010 at 18:38.
    Quote Quote