VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    I have many movies in hard disk which are already in VOB format with 1GB each. But i like to convert them in AVi format with around 70 to 80MB file only. I tried Total VDO Convertor which recommonded me by my friend. But i always failed. When i try to reduce their bitrate and framerate the quality of the vdo always very poor. But when i see the vdo's of www.moviesmobile.net
    i always think that how do they do ?
    the file size of their movies is always around 65Mb to 80Mb each part. The resolution of each vdo is 320*176 and the format is always AVI in excellent result.
    But i could not reach their
    Please help me to solve my problem. Which software "compressor or convertor" can solve my problem ?

NOTE: I have all VOB files only and i want to convert them into AVI only.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try autogk. Set resolution to 320x176 and output file size to 80mb.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I already tried Autogk and set the file size of 80MB. But when the file had converted, the size of the file was 170MB not 80MB.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Post a log for the one that you say was twice the size you wanted. Also, have you installed a version of XviD different than the one that came with AutoGK and without first uninstalling the original version? If so, that leads to wrong sizes. In any event, try uninstalling AutoGK and the XviD codec you're using (via Add/Remove Programs) and reinstall everything again.

Also, you can't set a resolution, but only a width, in the Advanced settings. Try setting 320. Many people (including me) might disagree that anything at 320x176 can produce an excellent result.
    Quote Quote