VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. what video converter software do i need to use to convert the higher resolution video to make it work on the bravia which supports MPEG-1 AND MPEG-2??

Ive been trying to make videos run on my new 40" Bx400 bravia but it just wont play any video or audia..

Could someone give me a solution?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't hijack other threads. I removed your other post in the ffmpegx section. And stop cross posting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dreamcast View Post
    Ive been trying to make videos run on my new 40" Bx400 bravia but it just wont play any video or audia..
    Consult the manual and tell us which formats and resolutions are supported by this TV.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Note that TVs are very fussy about what they will play. People don't like to hear this, but they are not "play anything" devices. The manual will have specific instructions about what it will and won't play. Most likely you're going to have to re-encode all of your files to standard definition size (720x576 or less) to get them to play.

I'm pretty sure that ffmpegx can produce MPEG-1/2 output, but as I don't use that tool I cannot offer specific recommendations.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Most likely you're going to have to re-encode all of your files to standard definition size (720x576 or less) to get them to play.
    Apparently not necessarily for just playback. According to this Sony article it should display at native file resolution at the middle of the screen, based on SD as full screen (judging by the image size). Only if one wants full screen, one needs to (up)convert. But that will just make a fuzzy picture.
    Quote Quote